Historical Romance

Historical Romance with an Inspirational Touch

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wow, Where Did the Time Go?

I cannot believe I have not posted since March. When I had to put blogging on a back burner I never thought I would be away this long. I barely managed my every other week blog for LadyScribes.

A lot of things have happened that have been priority. Namely, my husband was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. That actually happened last fall but this spring was when decisions had to be made, etc.  He had surgery a few weeks ago and is recovering well.

My mother no longer drives and her health has not been the best. So, I visit there and take her grocery shopping, to have her hair done etc. Oh, and she fell and broke her wrist this summer, but it has mended well.

What else? Oh yes, my son got his driver's license. Oddly, I find I am praying for him a lot more.  :).

My daughter also moved from Illinois to Oregon to finish school. I miss her terribly, but I did have a chance to visit and love it out there. I can't wait to go back.

So, that was my summer. How was yours?  I hope to catch up on all the blogs I've missed because I do miss reading them all.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! It's amazing how time slips by.

    Glad your husband is doing well. My father (70) is battling prostate cancer now. He's doing radiation treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Amy.
    My summer was way too short. Just got back from a trip to NC visiting daughter and grandson...very cool.

    So, since I only had two commenters on my Monster Mash blog post I've decided to gift each of you a book. Which one would you like, and would you like an Amazon or B and N gift?

    L. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found one of your comments that was in my spam box on my blog! I'm sorry I never responded. It sounds like your summer was full of challenges. I hope that everyone is healing well! I am assuming I will also be praying a lot more when my two small sons finally get their drivers license. (I don't even want to think about it....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - - you have had almost too much going on. I pray your husband's diagnosis is good - - - so sorry he had to take that medical road. Taking care of an aging parent gets very tiring. It will help you don't have to taxi your son since you have that added responsibility with her but you are right - - - we pray more when they have the keys.

    ReplyDelete