Historical Romance

Historical Romance with an Inspirational Touch

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Powerful Prayful Post 3/6/11

It has been sometime since I posted a Powerful Prayful Post. I didn't stop praying (I could never do that). I just got away from posting.

I saw a really good movie last night that left an impact. Defiance. The movie was released in 2008, but I just discovered it.

"Jewish brothers in Nazi-occupied Eastern Europe escape into the Belarussian forests, where they join Russian resistance fighters and endeavor to build a village in order to protect themselves and about 1,000 Jewish non-combatants." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034303/.

The Bielski brothers could have escaped, made their way to safety somehow, or at the very least, not take anyone else with them so as not to risk discovery. Instead, they helped hundreds who would have faced unspeakable horror and most likely, death. According to Wikipedia, 1236 Jews survived because of these brothers.

Prior to the movie I had not heard for the Bielski brothers though I wish I would have. The world needs to hear about the unselfish heroes in our world, past and present. We need to learn of the goodness, especially when the news is filled with so many depressing things.

What heros do you know of who deserve more recognition, whether they want it or not?

In my prayers this week I am going to remember all of our soldiers, fighting for the freedoms we all enjoy and protecting us with their very lives.

How can I pray for you this week?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome movie. I think I remember the coming attractions for it but I didn't get all that it was about. Have a super week! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that movie! The world does indeed need unselfish heroes.

    ReplyDelete