Historical Romance

Historical Romance with an Inspirational Touch

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Inspired Again!

I've been mulling over a story in my head. I need to put it on the back burner because there are a few that must come before it. However, it will not leave my brain. Perhaps just writing about it, or how it came to be, will put it to rest for a bit.



You see, a few weeks ago in church, I was paying attention, as I always do, but once again, got side track. A new hero came on the scene, followed by a lovely heroine. The sermon was entitled "Love is a Practical Matter" based on Luke 10:25-37. I am ashamed to show anyone my worship guide because in purple ink, through ever margin available, my notes for this latest story are written. As soon as services are over I stuff it in my purse, hoping nobody read what I really wrote. You would think I could just jot down the thought and move on. That didn't happen. The more the pastor preached, the more the story spoke to me.



Hmmmm, maybe I should just start dedicating my books to my pastors. It is the least I could do until I get a handle on the focus problem I seem to have.



Am I the only one who has issues with stories coming to them when they should be reflecting on the Word and God? I've always wondered if this was God putting an idea into my head or Satan say "ah ha, distracted her again (insert evel laugh)". I really don't like the idea of the second option. If that is the case, he won't like the outcome. Satan never wins in my stories :).



Any ideas on how I can tame this problem I keep having?

7 comments:

  1. God just gives diff personalities to all of us. Hopefully, He remembers when our minds stray. I've always had problems, WHEREVER I'm at, keeping focused. IF you think it's the latter causing it, then I'd just pray about it and don't pick up a bulletin (so you won't have scribble room). Or maybe talk to your pastor about picking interesting topics, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    Maybe not reading the bulletin would help - lol. However, at least they are all ideas for my Christian novels and what issues my hero and heroine could be having and I have the Bible verses to fall back on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I just call that being inspired by the word, both God's and the pastors. (I do that too.) I don't know if you should squelch that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God speaks to us in mysterious ways and times. It was Him to give it all to you so clearly. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would just enjoy the problem and accept the gift from God that it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sometimes have that problem. I feel terribly guilty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No you aren't the only one! I have gotten a ton while in church:)

    ReplyDelete