Historical Romance

Historical Romance with an Inspirational Touch

Monday, December 14, 2009

Powerful Prayful Monday 12/14

Preparations for Christmas are almost complete. Most of the shopping is done and next weekend, my children and I will make dozens of cookies and candy, a family tradition.

This time of year can get crazy and cause you to lose focus on the real purpose of the day, the celebration of the birth of Christ, and our salvation. Even when I try to keep the season stress free, I still have twice as many things going on, which is why I have not read one single blog in a week. For that I apologize and I know I probably missed some entertaining and interesting posts. And, there is a very good chance I will do little reading of blogs until after the holidays.

But, one thing that I am never too busy for, ever, is prayer. Though it hasn’t been that long since I began Prayful Mondays, it has become a part of me, a part of my day. Everyone who lists a prayer request or offers up a praise is remembered in my prayers. I think this may be a new tradition I carry on. Not only for a certain holiday, but every day. So, please continue to list your requests or praises and I will continue to include you in my chats to God. Have a blessed day

11 comments:

  1. Amy, believe me! We understand. I am so looking forward to unplugging next week.

    Please keep my son Christopher in your prayers.

    I am praying for you too. :)

    And I praise God for sending his son Jesus. Without him Amy, I wouldn't have a chance. I'd be doomed! Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Robyn. I can't wait to unplug next week. I'll check back in for prayer requests and I'll pray too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for praying, Amy! I so appreciate it! I haven't been able to keep up with blog reading as well either! So don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so important for us not to lose focus. There would be no Christmas without Christ. We should never be to busy to pray. Wishing you a blessed holiday too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I've had a pinched nerve in my left leg that is working itself out but taking longer than I would like. Praying that you will not feel rushed or hurried. Selah! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Prayerful Mondays, Amy!! What a great way to begin the work-week. I've also struggled with keeping up with my writer friends' blogs...Tis the season! And you're keeping Christ first - that's what is truly important! (By the way - Love the cover of your book, Loving Lydia!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been hard for me, too, to keep up on reading. Wonderful that you have your priorities straight. Pray without ceasing. Blogs can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayer is priority. Thank you for praying for my grandson. His surgery went well and he's on the road to recovery. Blessings**

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great blessing you are to offer your prayers, Amy! My prayer request is preparation - I haven't started any Christmas shopping yet. How is it already the 14th!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it wonderful to take a few minutes each day and just relax in prayer?

    ReplyDelete