Historical Romance

Historical Romance with an Inspirational Touch

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Off to See the Wizard

It is show time again. Well, I won't actually be on stage (that will never happen), but I will be doing makeup. If you can't tell by the title, the show is the Wizard of Oz. This is going to be a busy one, with a lot of changes. Thank goodness I have a team of about 6 other people. Thank you, ladies!!!!!!

This is also a challenge. Right now, I am trying to decide if I want to use a green cream or powder on the Wicked Witch. I hate to put her in the cream so many nights, but she needs to have the right look. In a lot of shows you can go with what the makeup chair thinks would look great and you aren't necessarily stuck with a specific look. Such is not the case with the Wizard of Oz. If I mess up, it won't only be the reviewer making note but a five-year-old will probably be calling me out as well.

All and all I can't wait to work more on this show. The cast is great and the director is wonderful. If you happen to be in Central Illinois at the beginning of February, make plans to see the well-loved family classic.

Now, to figure out what to do about the flying monkeys . . . And, will I ever get "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" out of my head?

Have you ever seen the Wizard of Oz on stage? Did you you enjoy it as much as the movie or did you like it better?

1 comment:

  1. Your life sounds amazing! I'm jealous and pouting something furious.

    Dang it! Now my makeup is running...

    ReplyDelete