Historical Romance

Historical Romance with an Inspirational Touch

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Powerful Prayfule Sunday 2/28

Sorry for the late post, I've been working on getting a new blog template and the day got away from me. I never did figure out how to get the dates of posts fixed so I will worry about it tomorrow. Of course, if any of you have a clue or idea on how to fix the problem I would love to hear it.

So, today is the last day of February. Already two months have passed in the new year. Two very snowy months. But, soon the white will melt, our yards will get a long drink and become saturated and muddy in spots. But soon the flowers will bloom. Can you tell I am anxious for it to arrive. I cannot wait to be outside in the sun and warm air.

This February did bring the Winter Olympics, which I enjoyed watching when I could. It is great to see citizens of countries competing against each other countries and, for the most part, with good sportsmanship. Today part of the sermon was on citizenship. The majority of people are proud to be a citizen of the country they were born in. Unfortunately borders separate us and sometimes the differences are more important than what we share in comment. But, there is a citizenship that unites up. The moment you were baptized in the name of the Lord he claimed your life, heart and soul and you became a citizen of heaven. Isn't that nice to know that that no matter how pleasant your citizenship on earth may be that there is a much better citizenship awaiting you.

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ - Philippians 3:20

Join me once again as we pray for each other. I welcome any and all cares and concerns and hope that all the readers add their prayers to mine.

As a side note, I may not have a post next Sunday. My son's basketball team is going to State and we will be gone most of the weekend. I am not sure I will make it back in time to post my Powerful Prayful blog.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how becoming a citizen here brought that verse to mind for me.

    ReplyDelete